1. Is the hockey program an NCAA sport? What league does it play in?
The Ice Dawgs are a member of the American Collegiate Hockey Association (ACHA) and the South Eastern Collegiate Hockey Conference (SECHC). The Ice Dawgs compete against Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana State, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee and Vanderbilt as well as many non-conference opponents.
2. When does the season start and end?
Tryouts are in August and the season begins in September and runs until March.
3. How many games do you play?
The Ice Dawgs play around 15-20 regular season games.
4. Where do you practice and play?
We play our home games in Tupelo, Mississippi, at the BancorpSouth Arena, and hold our practices at the Pelham Civic Complex in Pelham, Alabama.
5. Do you offer scholarships for ice hockey?
No. ACHA programs are not allowed to offer scholarships.
6. What is the cost to play for the Ice Dawgs?
Our dues are the lowest in the league and on average are around $750/semester.
7. What will the dues cover?
With the dues and other revenues the team will provide jerseys, socks, lodging for away games, and all ice-time for the year.